Sports, gym and fitness thread 2019

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hey everyone!

Figured we need some space for all the active life for this year! Tell us all about your goals, sports, lifts or whatever.

See y'all down below!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'll open up!
This year I have really been getting into sport at school (Final year of high school) and am currently taking part in swimming for fitness since I'm too old to be a competitive swimmer right now. I'm putting more focus on running and current PB for 5km trail run is 21:55.

Since I'm a 6'3" lightweight (165lbs) I haven't really dabbled in weights, but have put on about 8lbs last year with running, hockey and swimming. I do resistance training at gym but no straight weights. Swimming 4x a week and running about twice.

Goals for this year? Pull my 5km to 20:45 and be able to run a 10km in an hour or less.

Guess that's my messy intro. What's everyone else doing?

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
I play a lot I tennis right now but want to move more into calisthenics and want to be able to do 100 push-ups in a row before summer. Right now I’m at 50 so got a bit of a way to go.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I used to be a gym rat. I like power lifting,I am also a light weight, but I used to move some decent numbers. I would track all my progress in a book. That made it fun to set goals and try to beat them.

I plan to get back to the gym this year, didn’t want to even show up for January. Usually by February most of the New Year’s Eve crowd has tapered off and you can find some equipment to use. Might have to throw down now that I’ve said something to some people. Lol. Will update if it happens

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I play a lot I tennis right now but want to move more into calisthenics and want to be able to do 100 push-ups in a row before summer. Right now I’m at 50 so got a bit of a way to go.
50 is good! I'm more 10-20 sorta guy haha. My core is much better than upper body so I suffer with pusbups

I used to be a gym rat. I like power lifting,I am also a light weight, but I used to move some decent numbers. I would track all my progress in a book. That made it fun to set goals and try to beat them.

I plan to get back to the gym this year, didn’t want to even show up for January. Usually by February most of the New Year’s Eve crowd has tapered off and you can find some equipment to use. Might have to throw down now that I’ve said something to some people. Lol. Will update if it happens
Go for it man! You'll love yourself in a few months :D
Is the new years thing bad up there?

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I made a lifestyle change about 8 years ago. When I turned 40 I was 399lbs, at 6'4" I can carry more weight than most on my frame but 400lbs was just crazy. So I made a decision to get back in shape and I lost about 180lbs and got down to 220lb which is good for my height. So goal for this spring/summer is just to drop the 10 or so lbs I put on over the winter and then try to work a bit more light weight lifting into my week just to tone up some. At 47yrs old I won't be working out daily or anything like that, but I plan to work in some curls and simple stuff into my schedule maybe 3 times per week.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Definitely eating better and getting more fit this year. For fitness I'm riding bikes. I really got stoked on mountain bike riding, but that has to be more of a weekend thing, when I can actually get to a mountain. During the week I try to ride to work a few times, and still go on an evening ride. I want to work in some upper body and core training also.

Reactions: Stephen St.Clair

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was the same way... little notebook and all. Lifting, Heavy bag training and kettlebells. After 2 spine surgeries im happy with just getting out of bed lol.

Got into swimming for a while. Hopefully this last surgery works out and i can pick that up again

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Definitely eating better and getting more fit this year. For fitness I'm riding bikes. I really got stoked on mountain bike riding, but that has to be more of a weekend thing, when I can actually get to a mountain. During the week I try to ride to work a few times, and still go on an evening ride. I want to work in some upper body and core training also.
The wifes been on a real diet overhaul. Gotta say i enjoy the food more. I think its worth it

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Ya my wife has started using this meal planning app and our life has changed no word of a lie. Diet is everything when it comes to fitness. If you work out but eat garbage you won’t have the energy or initiative to keep going. Now that I am eating quite regularly and mostly healthy I am not completely avoiding the gym idea.

Funny enough, taking care of the fish and making sure their diets are top notch has really given me an eye opening on taking care of myself as well.

I also understand an injury keeping you away from the gym. I tore my rotator cuff severely a few years back during an advanced breakdance class and that was about when I decided I’m not going back to the gym because I didn’t want to destroy my ability to make money over a dance class or gym pass. J jaws7777 crazy about your back, what happened?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store