Spotted congo puffer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I would add more of the same kind of puffer tbh... then if space allows something peaceful that as mentioned above doesn’t nip or have long flowing fins...

However, in a 32G that might limit options a bit...

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Do you think a zebra pleco would work
I had to chuckle a bit, this is a no fish under $200 tank.

The spotted Congo puffer is on my list of dream fish for sure, I just have not pulled the trigger due to cost. Ive seen a couple online for $149 on sale but by the time you pay the shipping your right back at the $200 standard price these go for. Anyway truly an awesome fish, look forward to the updates.

Reactions: Deadeye

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I don't know about the eels. Schoutdeni like worms so may end up in a mistaken identity accident. Same issue happened with bichirs in someone's tank, resulting in a retanking of the puffer.
When I had mine he got along well with alot of different fish.
Before the move.

Reactions: Deadeye

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Maybe add some smallish tetras to add some color, coz im not sure whether they would peck at a stationary pleco or not since i’ve not had the chance to keep these amazing puffers before...

Then theres the fact i’ve often read zebra plecos tend to hide a lot, so not sure you would see him all that often in the tank...

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I think that the pleco would be fine, it could scare off a puffer if it had to.
I’m planning 3 Amazons, an acara, a peacock eel, and some sun/skunk loaches in a 36, if that gives an idea. The loaches are who I’m most worried about actually, so far it’s them and the acara and they nip at him.
Congos are less nervous than Amazons but just as nice, so that stocking would probably go well with them too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store