Spotted Raphael

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
The Irwini Catfish (Giant Raphael) looks more like the striped Raphael and gets around 24". really want one but i don't have a tank big enough
Me neither. I'd like a standard striped variety, but I'd need one at least 4". Probably not happening.

Akeno071

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2015
Spotted at all similar to their striped cousins?

The striped raphael in my moms 30gallon has dedicated its life to the act of pure laziness, having no interest at all in leaving the plastic reptile cave and being quite content to watch the world from the entrance. Recently he learnt he doest even need to leave it to get food, instead waiting for the eel to bring the bloodworm cubes inside before stealing it from him.
The only way to get that thing outside the cave and swim about is to remove the cave itself, which I'm thoroughly sure the catfish dislikes.
Very niche fish, being mostly absent, but our striped still has a place and full of personality.

Spotted at all similar to their striped cousins?

The striped raphael in my moms 30gallon has dedicated its life to the act of pure laziness, having no interest at all in leaving the plastic reptile cave and being quite content to watch the world from the entrance. Recently he learnt he doest even need to leave it to get food, instead waiting for the eel to bring the bloodworm cubes inside before stealing it from him.
The only way to get that thing outside the cave and swim about is to remove the cave itself, which I'm thoroughly sure the catfish dislikes.
Very niche fish, being mostly absent, but our striped still has a place and full of personality.
Yeah that's what spotteds do as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store