Starve red tail payara

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
Took me four weeks gave him really good feed of live before hand then not a stich for four weeks, after that time I would chuck in a little mix of different pellets, after three days he woukd hit any of the pellet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Hi all i purchased a payara 1 week ago was told it was eating prawns and lance fish to no aviel hes approx 8in so wondering if any other tricks and tips
Its easy enough to do but you'll need to be patient. I have an 8" red tail plus a 6" scombs the scombs is much easier.

The red tail took me a couple of weeks of starving him but eventually feeding him lancefish/silversides ( defrosed) and putting them by him with tongues he started attacking the frozen food and eating it. Saying that he hasnt eaten again for a couple of weeks but he took frozen every couple of days for about 3 months.

The red tail needed the lights off to feed and will take food off the floor unlike the scoms that needs it floating in front and above him

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Just remember when trying to get it take frozen food which is simple enough with patience that the red tail in my case and I think in most cases will only eat when lights have been out, different to the scombs and Armatus in that respect

Great fish and once they eat youve cracked it

Reactions: Fades&Feesh

Fades&Feesh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2022
Utah
Just remember when trying to get it take frozen food which is simple enough with patience that the red tail in my case and I think in most cases will only eat when lights have been out, different to the scombs and Armatus in that respect

Great fish and once they eat youve cracked it
Sorry mine are armatus.. should have been clear about that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store