Stingray acting weird

Brogs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hello, I bought a 5" pearl motoro from my LFS a few months ago an all has been well for the most part. however i have noticed more and more "window washing" behavior as i think its been called where he flaps along the side of the glass as. At first it was just a little, now it is more and more frequent to the point where i am becoming concerned. The ray is eating well and never lets food sit for more than several seconds in the tank. He is currently in a 125 gallon grow out tank, with an fx4 for filtration, the water is testing fine, and the only tank makes are 7 3-5 inch discus, sand bottom and a large peice of driftwood. I have been feeding him frozen clams, krill, hikari carni pellets, and bloodworms, and do 50% water changes at least bi weekly if not every other day when i have time. Please help

fishtanktaco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello, I bought a 5" pearl motoro from my LFS a few months ago an all has been well for the most part. however i have noticed more and more "window washing" behavior as i think its been called where he flaps along the side of the glass as. At first it was just a little, now it is more and more frequent to the point where i am becoming concerned. The ray is eating well and never lets food sit for more than several seconds in the tank. He is currently in a 125 gallon grow out tank, with an fx4 for filtration, the water is testing fine, and the only tank makes are 7 3-5 inch discus, sand bottom and a large peice of driftwood. I have been feeding him frozen clams, krill, hikari carni pellets, and bloodworms, and do 50% water changes at least bi weekly if not every other day when i have time. Please help
He is probably curious of his surroundings. Now hes familiar with the tank from the bottomwiew and try diffrent angles or maybe something on top of the tank cougt his eyes. Could be alot of diffrent things that makes him swim up and down the window. But usually not a behavior that means something is wrong. He eats well you say, the water is fine and he is active. Thats three good signs of a healthy ray i’d say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store