Stingray Wont Eat

kjb1000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
Bedfordshire, Uk
Help really getting to me now. I Got my Ray 3 weeks ago now and he seems to have lost weight all he will eat is river shrimp and there is so little in them they are almost clear when i put prawns in he eats almost one cut up. He spends most of the time in corner of tank only coming out for river shrimp and a mad hour just after light has gone off i am very worryed about him.

Any Ideas on how to get him to eat?

Help

SAM_3556.JPG

SAM_3570.JPG

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
Have you tried blood worms? That's all my retic will eat. They don't have much nutritional value but he will eat the constantly so at at least keeps him nice and fat.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
For me i usually start with earthworms to fatten them up and then move to shrimp and fish fillets..

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
kjb1000;4204929; said:
Frozen cube type?
You could use the cubes, I use the big pallet of them. I don't think it really matters I just like the pallet because it seems to spread the blood worms all over the tank rather than the cube just sinking. Live blood worms and black worms are even better if you can get ahold of them.

^^^ I can't get my retic to eat earthworms for anything. Maybe he is still too small

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Good luck buddy have you tried live bloodworms too or krill?

Steve

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
not sure if rays like mussel but most of my fish never turn it down.

Steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store