stingrays apparently moved from Cites 3 to cites 2

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
I was talking to my friend who owns Underground aquatics in Long island ny, and noticed he had some wild motoros for sale. They are a good price, but he said they are going fast. As we all know, stingrays are a desirable fish to own. But he later told me they are being moved from a cites 3 to that of a cites 2. This to me is concerning. I do know there are many other ways to get stingrays in the US, but this to me is one step closer to something bad happening to the hobby. As someone who is a rather younger keeper of monster fish, this is worry some. I hope this is not true, as I understand why this may be, but they are doing the same to Black aros, pb, tigs, and rays now.

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
it will make all wild rays in Potamotrygon much much harder to import. They are then going to be classified into cites 1 which is not good for us ray lovers.

Reactions: tlindsey

surfermike915

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2022
Yes this is actually very helpful. I often worry about what lengths big brother will go to stop the animal trade especially the fish trade, but we will prevail, as we adapt to whatever is thrown at us.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store