Stock Question

llamabob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2007
New York
Hey guys, sort of a long post, but it must be done :p I'm a regular member over at the sister site, Aquaria Central, but think my problem suits this forum better.

Currently I have a 20g, stocked with a Featherfin, Angel, and a Satanoperca Luec.(3 inches).. I also have a 29g with a Featherfin, Angel, rainbow shark, Farlowella and I did have a 6.5" S. Jurupari but he died due to an accident :( The largest of each pair is in the 29, the biggest disparity being the Featherfins, one is 7inches, the other about 4.

These two groups were seperated because they were suppose to go into a 90g many months ago but due to home remodeling those plans were on halt so I bought a temp. 29. Flooring is nearly complete and the 90 will be up within a month.

Since my Jurupari has died, I was considering getting another, or perhaps a Geophagus Altifron. Would the Altifron be ok with the S. Luec? The S. Luec seems fairly aggressive to the angel in the 20g but I personally think its because of the cramped quarters. If so, would 2 Altifron be ok or perhaps 1 Altifron and one Jurupari, or is that OS? The Jurupari got along with any and all tank mates and was a charm to have for a cichlid. However the S. Luec. does worry me, but I can't know how he acts until he's in the 90 with everyone. Honestly if removing the S. Luec. would allow room for a Jurupari and an Altifron, I'd probably give him away because of his aggression thus far.

Also, I really hate giving away fish but I'm worried that the smaller Featherfin will get bullied with the MUCH larger Squeeker. Would he also be ok in the 90g?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store