stocking advice

Goonie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Northern Virginia
So the 185 is clear minus the 3 i am keeping setting up a 120 for the front and a 75 for the tropheus in the coming weeks.

Already have the money stuck back for a 600 gallon fiver glass tank to go in in about 18 months (need to move or sell some furniture as the basements gone from game room to fish room)

That being said... my clown loaches are 3 to 5 inches should I try to keep them or is it to risky I could sell them, im not suuuuuper attached( ok maybe a little)

I know I want a wild type oscar. I would like somthing that will help turn the sand on the bottom of the tank I will be keeping the rhino.

So the only fish for sure going in the 185 will be the oscar and rhino. They will for sure have a much larger tank to move into in under 2 years.

So, with all the discussions on tank mates, what is the verdict?

I love the look of chocolate cichlids but I hear they are very shy, which is not as appealing.

Could I pull off the oscar, a sevrum, green terror, and a lima shovel nose? Would any of them spend enough time messing with the sand to keep it clean of build up( yes ill gravel vac weekly)

Also open to some of the more uncommon sa fish that may not have been mentioned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store