Stocking inquiry

Scout1984

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2019
Indiana
Starting a new 150 gallon with a 40 gallon sump. I was wanting to stock it with 1 albino oscar, 2 electric blue dempsey, 1 normal Dempsey, and 1 stray night cichlid. I will be adding them at the same time as juveniles, It will have plenty of hiding places ect. Any concerns or issues with this list?

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Starting a new 150 gallon with a 40 gallon sump. I was wanting to stock it with 1 albino oscar, 2 electric blue dempsey, 1 normal Dempsey, and 1 stray night cichlid. I will be adding them at the same time as juveniles, It will have plenty of hiding places ect. Any concerns or issues with this list?
Well have that many jack dempseys could be an issue, but it could work out, just be careful of aggression issues and be ready to rehome any one of those fish

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I am iffy about the three JDs. They can breed when they are still small and may try to take over the tank.
Also you are trying to mix fish from three different continents, from three different water peramaters.

Reactions: jaws7777 and d033ie

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
I am iffy about the three JDs. They can breed when they are still small and may try to take over the tank.
Also you are trying to mix fish from three different continents, from three different water peramaters.
Their pH is all around the same, about 7. I don't think their water parameters are too different to make them incompatible

Reactions: AnthonyFish20

Scout1984

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2019
Indiana
Yea I was gonna do 1 ebj and 1 norm but I've heard the ebj have a low survival rate so I figure get 2 n hope one makes it would be better then trying to add another after the rest are established

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
That five potentially large fish with large attitudes. Plus the risk of a pairing. A lot more "what if" scenarios there than i myself would want to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store