Stocking my 600...

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I basically have all the fish I need to stock my 600...

The thing is...I am not sure exactly how to introduce them all.

Should I introduce all the fish at the same time?
Should I introduce all the fish over a period of 1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month?

What way would be best? This is a new scenario for me..i'm just wondering what the best way to do this is.

Bud_Man_Jr

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Evansville, Wisconsin
no1 is helping me for stocking ideas but yeah,i would intrduce the wussy ones first.so that they can find places to hide or get their own lil corner,then work your way up to the big guys put a new one i every 3 days to a week

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
6xCichla
2xDatnoid
2xAustralian Lung
1xSutchi
1xRedtail GG
1xClown knife

Then there are various dithers such as tinfoils which I intend to put in very first to help cycle the tank.

That is what I intend on putting in first...my other stuff has a little more growth to catch up on.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Slowly add them. Put one in, and give it a couple days. Add another. repeat.

This will insure that your filter will keep up and you wont get an ammonia spike.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Steve_89;552676; said:
6xCichla
2xDatnoid
2xAustralian Lung
1xSutchi
1xRedtail GG
1xClown knife

Then there are various dithers such as tinfoils which I intend to put in very first to help cycle the tank.

That is what I intend on putting in first...my other stuff has a little more growth to catch up on.
what i would do is add the dats and pbass first

next the lung,

wtf is a sutchi?

the knife and the RTGG last

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Go from least agressive and work from there. Which probably means starting with the two aussie lungfish. I would give yourself a few days 3-4 in between adding fish. Are the fish in separate tanks right now? I guess the Leichardti isn't going in the 600?

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
i agree with rally and unknown...

i would add the fish from least agro to most agro every two to three days

angeladay

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
So Cal
www.youtube.com
cichlas and gg can be aggresive. why don't just just put all of them together at once so that territorial issue won't be a problem?

for the filter issue, just use a lot of feeders or throw in bunch of protein rich pellets.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
I would put the dithers in first. Dithers are usually less agressive/peaceful fish and if they got introduced to the tank when everybody is already nearly established then they may end up as food. I would go the irr. shark pobably first along with the lungs. That is after the dithers of course. Then the dats and cichlas. GG and clown knife. I would put them in as pairs though to keep the agression/ investigating down and distrubuted a little bit.

Chad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store