Stocking suggestions

Mistacooldude2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
I got a six foot 125 gallon shown below. it’s got plenty of cover and caves within the wood. Recently I had to rehome a pair of Escondido carpinis and was wondering what I should add. Currently it has:
1 starry night female
2 red shouldered severum (I’m rehoming one in a month or so)
4 clown loaches

Just want some stocking suggestions. I do 40 percent weekly water changes. While peaceful, the starry night has had some dominance issues in the back so that could lead to some issues. Im thinking maybe an electric blue acara or 2 fire mouth cichlids. Up to non cichlids also

699213F0-81CB-4D4E-B47F-FD519D5B7FF5.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Mistacooldude2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
Chocolate cichlids could work but I’ve never really been a fan. Owned one a couple years back

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
Red or green Texas cichlids are pretty cool green terrors maybe even a Jaguar

Mistacooldude2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
Red or green Texas cichlids are pretty cool green terrors maybe even a Jaguar
I was thinking more of a semi aggressive fish. I had a pair of green Texas that ganged up and almost killed every fish I have. Maybe a thread fin acara? Don’t know too much about them though

Tristan_44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2018
yeah id say do blue acara and maybe green terror or possibly a jewel? Lol i dont know

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
The threadfins are really nice fish maybe even some geophagus and some vieja

Mistacooldude2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
yeah id say do blue acara and maybe green terror or possibly a jewel? Lol i dont know
How agressive is a green terror? Never owned one and read conflicting things about them. Some say semi agressive and some are listed as agressive. Last time my starry night tried to hold dominance over two agressive fish and it didn’t end to well

Mistacooldude2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2018
The threadfins are really nice fish maybe even some geophagus and some vieja
How sensitive are they to water quality? I do weekly water changes but don’t want to be held back if I miss a week or two. Plus my tap has fairly high nitrite levels

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
How about some more severums, the problem with keeping the severums and polleni together is that the severums like soft water and the polleni like hard water so you will probably have to chose which way you want to go. If you went with severums then you could do a SA cichlid tank with the loaches as bottom dwellers

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store