Strange Parachromis Multifasciatus

Fishtank6575

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2017
He has been with 10-15 different cichlids and has been with giant danios and gouramis. I just put a senegal bichir that swims laps around the top of the tank in with him. He is scared of fish and everything. He has a cave and plants top and bottom. Hes been in high traffic areas and is now in a low traffic area. He seems to do better with the lights on and with just natural light will wedge under wood like a catfish. He cant target food correctly and will freak out bashing around the tank for no reason.

I think I have done everything to make the fish comfortable but have failed. I was going to try breeding him but I cant get him to act right. Do you think having a female might help? Do you think he could possibly have brain damage and nothing will work?

Fishtank6575

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2017
Im looking at those pictures and his right eye does look different. Please confirm if you think this is an eye issue.

Ive been bouncing back and forth myself whether its an eye or behavior issue. Just wanted it to be something I could fix I guess.

Thank you

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Nothing sticks out as completely unusual, and especially since it looks like he is looking at you from either eye as you take a picture. No slight haziness.

Reactions: Deadeye

Fishtank6575

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2017
Okay that's good. It's weird the way he misses the food and it kinda seemed like a sight issue.

Anyone ever had a fish that plays dead like that? When he does that I can pick him up in my hand.

I'm wondering how he would act with a female. Thoughts?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Okay that's good. It's weird the way he misses the food and it kinda seemed like a sight issue.

Anyone ever had a fish that plays dead like that? When he does that I can pick him up in my hand.

I'm wondering how he would act with a female. Thoughts?
Yeah, the missing part is unusual for a fish that young. It could still have eye sight issues, and I don't know how to test it further.

Put an egg crate divider up and see if it notices the female.

Reactions: ..puSkar..
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store