stupid question but......

tnit21

Feeder Fish
Sep 19, 2021
I have a 300g custom tank. two 1.5 inch holes drilled in the top of the left smaller panel of the tank to overflow into a custom sump on the side of the tank. I drilled two 1 inch holes on the bottom to filter into a 40 breeder, then back into my tank from the other side.

question is will the custom sump fill faster than the water can get out? again, two 1.5 inch holes gravity draining into it, two 1 inch holes coming out.

will I need to drill a third hole to have similar flow out of the sump and into the 40 breeder?

thank you!

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I have a 300g custom tank. two 1.5 inch holes drilled in the top of the left smaller panel of the tank to overflow into a custom sump on the side of the tank. I drilled two 1 inch holes on the bottom to filter into a 40 breeder, then back into my tank from the other side.

question is will the custom sump fill faster than the water can get out? again, two 1.5 inch holes gravity draining into it, two 1 inch holes coming out.

will I need to drill a third hole to have similar flow out of the sump and into the 40 breeder?

thank you!
Just typed out a whole verbal blue print before I realized I put too much thought into it and was making the same thing but a lot more complex ?. Yes it would help to have a 3rd hole to help regulate the flow speed of the 40 to the 300. If we’re on the same page anyway.

Reactions: tnitti21

tnitti21

Feeder Fish
Feb 16, 2020
Just typed out a whole verbal blue print before I realized I put too much thought into it and was making the same thing but a lot more complex ?. Yes it would help to have a 3rd hole to help regulate the flow speed of the 40 to the 300. If we’re on the same page anyway.
Tried to explain as simply as possible lol but couldn’t find the right way to say it. But yes, what you said makes sense, thanks man!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store