Stupidest Combo of Tankmates You've Done.....

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I would have to say that it involved my Crenicichla sp. xingu I...since i was still relatively new to pikes and didn't realize just how big their stomachs can be...lol. So yeah, got my first silver arowana....a little over half the size of the pikes.....the same night i got it they ate it....:(. Error on my part.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
three male jack dempseys in the same tank (200g). I learned from that experience that conspecific cichlid males in the same setup are a very bad idea. To make things brief, after a few months I was left with one jack dempsey. Even a 200g isn't big enough for a couple 3" conspecific cichlids.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ummm
oscars and koi

oscars were 6-7 inches
koi were like 12-14inch

i love oscars :hearts:

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
My very first tank was a mixture of any fish over 4" I could get at the petstore.. Oscars, Dempseys, Terrors, Africans, Bala Sharks, Silver Dollars, Pacus, Kribs, Pikes, Loaches, Plecos, Labeo Sharks, XL Tetras.. the list goes on and on. I used to trade in fish at the LFS on a daily basis, and take home whatever new beast they got in.. My fish also died on a daily basis, and I never did water changes ;) Imagine that! I lived in a small town, and no one had a brain enough to tell me otherwise.. Then after discovering aquariums on the itnernet, I realized how retarded and common most of those fish are.. ;)

This was all in a 55g breeder too..

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
A 3" puffer in a tank full of veiled angels, my only excuse is that I was around 11.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Working in an aquarium store, I hear of odd combo's every time. However, one will forever remain the undisputed champion. This guy tells me he's got a 10g, so I anticipate walking him over and showing him some livebearers or neons and the like. WRONG! He's got this thing already stocked-silver arowana, fugu puffer, mbu puffer, red belly piranha, gibby pleco, some platys, and a tsn. I had no response...I just stood there scratching my head.

View attachment 1122450

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Working in an aquarium store, I hear of odd combo's every time. However, one will forever remain the undisputed champion. This guy tells me he's got a 10g, so I anticipate walking him over and showing him some livebearers or neons and the like. WRONG! He's got this thing already stocked-silver arowana, fugu puffer, mbu puffer, red belly piranha, gibby pleco, some platys, and a tsn. I had no response...I just stood there scratching my head.
wtf was he smoking?

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
He was one of those too-cool-to-listen-to-anyone kind of guys. An *******, basically. Refused to listen to a word I said. And he wondered why his arowana was always on the bottom with its fins torn to shreds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store