Sturgeon Fishing From The Bank

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Outstanding! Love it! The only way to improve that would be to use a bait-caster-type reel...just to hear the clicker going mad...:) I love the comment "All my hard work undone!" when the fish peels off all that hard-won yardage. :)

I've been to BC for sturgeon fishing on the Fraser just once, and my buddy and I each caught several fish in the 6 - 7 foot range (out of a jetboat, with a local guide who knew his stuff)...but the time we spent just shore-fishing from camp generated some of the best memories of the trip. Never even landed a single fish from shore, although we had several "long-line releases". It's always better when you are doing it on your own...even when you don't know what you're doing!...rather than relying upon a guide. :)

Next time we go, we are likely going to drive, which allows us to bring some proper gear, waders, etc.

Brtim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2022
Dallas,TX
Catching some pigs

jjohnwm said:
Outstanding! Love it! The only way to improve that would be to use a bait-caster-type reel...just to hear the clicker going mad...:) I love the comment "All my hard work undone!" when the fish peels off all that hard-won yardage. :)

I've been to BC for sturgeon fishing on the Fraser just once, and my buddy and I each caught several fish in the 6 - 7 foot range (out of a jetboat, with a local guide who knew his stuff)...but the time we spent just shore-fishing from camp generated some of the best memories of the trip. Never even landed a single fish from shore, although we had several "long-line releases". It's always better when you are doing it on your own...even when you don't know what you're doing!...rather than relying upon a guide. :)

Next time we go, we are likely going to drive, which allows us to bring some proper gear, waders, etc.

I'm mostly flyfishing those days, so no 6-7 foot for me :D Lotsa small rivers here, all you need are waders(during late autumn I'm usually using stuff like Stormr fishing wader I've got from local outdoor sports store https://gritroutdoors.com/ ) if it's cold and your rod pretty much.
Really nice vid man! It was huge, just look at it compared to your hand!
On a bit of offtopic:how many cameras are you using? 1 body cam+one a bit further?
1670412092111.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store