successful mating signs?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
how do you know if a mating is successful.
2-3 weeks ago 1 if my female was badly beaten up.
i separated the beaten up female with a divider and a day after found what looks like a sperm plug sucked by the wave maker in her side.

how do i know if they have mated? how soon do the signs come out if a female is pregnant?
also what are the signs to look for? my female's disc and now almost fully healed.

thinking if i should add her back into the males side or just keep her separated .

Scoot123

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2017
Sounds like success but the only real way to tell is to watch for her lower back to start rising. I usually don’t see signs of pups movement for a couple months after the mating. Could be hit or miss adding her back with the male. Some males just don’t know when to stop even when they’ve got the job done.

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
Sounds like success but the only real way to tell is to watch for her lower back to start rising. I usually don’t see signs of pups movement for a couple months after the mating. Could be hit or miss adding her back with the male. Some males just don’t know when to stop even when they’ve got the job done.
thanks , my big male only goes after this big female amd leaves the other 2 females alone.

i have a divider between thwm but so far have not noticed any bulge on her back yet, i sperataed them 2-3 weeks ago.

crossing my fingers that he was successfull and i can have some pups soon:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store