suddenly scared

timjeric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
north dakota
Hi , i have a 90 gal w/ Africans latley they have become very shy and skittish hiding 60 - 70 % of the time when anyone is up walking around in the living room they have always been out and up to the glass when anyone approached the tank now thy hide except when im only home or up to or working in the tank even then they still are shy till they know its me what could have cused theyre behavior to change becuse i sure miss seeing them :cry: thnks , timjeric.

Apocalypse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
TeXXXas
aquatic-terrors.com
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have a 55g with a colony of C. afra that are sometimes out swimming irregardless of who is walking by and sometimes they freak out and hide.

timjeric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
north dakota
my tank has been set up for 3 yrs ive had the africans for almost 2 yrs , filtration is emperor 280 & 400 w bio wheels as for parameters i dont have a test kit currently, and i do a 25 % partial bi wkly

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
PIT maybe. any cleaning agents get near the tank. hair spray, anything aerosol. maybe stray voltage. i wouldnt say it would be anything you could use a general test kit for. if you are doing bi weekly water changes i highly doubt its ammonia or nitrites. most of your levels should be fairly stable with the water changes you do. give it time, and if they are still eating i wouldnt worry too much

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Give them more hiding spots, they will feel more secure..

Do you use an automatic feeder, or do they relate humans to food? Healthy africans should beg for food..

timjeric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
north dakota
my fish jusy about come through the glass when i come to the tank they also come half way ouy of the water when i open the top to feed them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store