Sunshine pleco disease

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
The Vulture Cat will definitely get any meat I put in there no matter how I put it in. I used to hide massivore pellets in zucchini but the Vulture learned to gobble the whole zucchini.
I get it. Like I said it can be frustrating.
Maybe a sunshine isn’t the right pleco for that tank.
Excuse to get another :naughty:

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I don't see any evidence of physical damage by tank mates.

The only reason I know of (and it well may be ignorance speaking) for fish to twitch their fins is external parasites that they are trying to shake off.

Does the fish flash?

Do you feed live or what the source of parasite could be?

If this pleco requires a certain diet, which it has not been getting, then anything is possible with nutritional disbalance - deteriorating health and immune system, then a parasitic outbreak that requires no external introduction of parasite, then a bacterial infection...

Reactions: kno4te

Bassjedi

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2006
Houston
I don't see any evidence of physical damage by tank mates.

The only reason I know of (and it well may be ignorance speaking) for fish to twitch their fins is external parasites that they are trying to shake off.

Does the fish flash?

Do you feed live or what the source of parasite could be?

If this pleco requires a certain diet, which it has not been getting, then anything is possible with nutritional disbalance - deteriorating health and immune system, then a parasitic outbreak that requires no external introduction of parasite, then a bacterial infection...
Thanks all. I’m going to try to separate and see if he does better.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store