Sunsun 304b/304b pro?

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I am looking at these filters on amazon one is $70 and the other is $83. What is the difference, both are from the same seller? It looks like one comes with media and the other does not. Can anyone confirm whether or not that is the case and if that is the only difference? Another question I had is about the UV lamp. Is there an on/off switch or is it always on?

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I am looking at these filters on amazon one is $70 and the other is $83. What is the difference, both are from the same seller? It looks like one comes with media and the other does not. Can anyone confirm whether or not that is the case and if that is the only difference? Another question I had is about the UV lamp. Is there an on/off switch or is it always on?
I have 2 aquatops, they are basically sunsuns. Yes the uv does have an on and off switch

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I have 2 aquatops, they are basically sunsuns. Yes the uv does have an on and off switch
Thanks, the UV is something I am not sure I would even use. With the high flow rate and low exposure time, I question whether or not it would do much of anything but draw additional power. Of course if there was an issue in the tank I would darn sure turn it on since it obviously couldn't hurt.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Get the one without the uv, as you said it would be pointless if you need one get a proper sized unit.

Reactions: robham777

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I did not realize it came in a non uv model, I will have to look into it.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
There is no non UV model. The Pro has some media but it is far from enough to fill up the filter. I would recommend getting the regular model, some filter floss and then get a whole bunch of ceramic rings to fill the baskets up. The UV does help keep the water clearer but definitely won't sterilize the water.

Reactions: M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
There is no non UV model. The Pro has some media but it is far from enough to fill up the filter. I would recommend getting the regular model, some filter floss and then get a whole bunch of ceramic rings to fill the baskets up. The UV does help keep the water clearer but definitely won't sterilize the water.
Yeah it's more for algae control I guess lol

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I did find a Sunsun 304a on ebay that is a non uv model, but it is essentially the same price as the 304b. I thought the media was the only difference between the regular and pro but wanted to verify that was the case. Since the amount of media is inadequate in the pro kit, it is a no brainer to save the money and order media separately. Thanks for the input everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store