Swaping from live food to frozen

zachsiegle

Feeder Fish
Oct 22, 2018
i have an NTT datnoid, a clown knife fish, and a tiger shovelnose. I recently purchased the shovelnose and he eats frozen tilapia which is great. The other fish are feeding on live feeders and I was curious on how to get them off and what to feed instead.

Festae Forever

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
Your best bet would be to ask this question under another area. Perhaps "General Aquaria Discussion" or maybe "Other Monster Fish". If the mods see this post here they're likely to shut it down anyway as this is just for buy, sell and trade. Good luck.

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Title of the post made me think that you wanted to swap your live food for my frozen blood worms

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Im no expert but we have all in all 10 datnoids

I refuse to feed feeders to any of my fish so we just offered a variety of foods as we feed the Arowanas and rays

We found the Indo's were first ones to break the hunger strike and were eating about two weeks later and some eat frozen but two of them only take pellets which is ok
We had 3 NTT's that were already about 15cm when they arrived and these three musketeers starved themselves for about five months....
Got to a point that i was almost in tears
One night out of the blue, one came darting for shrimp and then all three started eating
Today they eat anything... prawn, mussel, sardine, white bait, tilapia, pangassius... except pellets

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow Maria,ten dats!
My suggestion is to discontinue the live food altogether.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Wow Maria,ten dats!
And another Wow for 5 months, that's some perseverance on your part MariaS MariaS , I would have caved long before. Just out of curiosity, about what temperature do you run your Datnoid tanks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store