T. Zillii

kellenw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
Missouri, USA
I know this is an old post, but I've been looking for some T. Zillii for quite some time. Any chance you still have your breeders going?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Kellenw, you may want to check or put a "want" in the adds at gcca.net.
Mine came from Chicago a few years back.
I kept my group of 6 in a 1000 gal kiddy pool outside for the summer before moving to Panama, and pairs spawned constantly throughout that summer.
[/URL

Reactions: Milingu

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
Like that last pic... sort of reminds me of my wife when I tell her I want more fish to add to the tank

Reactions: Gourami Swami

cornbread_5

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
connecticut
these look more like rendalli

I kept my group of 6 in a 1000 gal kiddy pool outside for the summer before moving to Panama, and pairs spawned constantly throughout that summer.
[/URL
[/URL

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
All the Coptodon genus look very similar, although I believe rendalli have more prominent bands.
Lets take the Lake Bermin Coptodons (bythobates, snyderae, bermini etc etc) to me they all just look like mini versions of zillii, and supposedly they are in actuality just zillii that were cut off when geography isolated lake Berlin eons ago, and separated them long enough to evolve into similar but separate species.
Here is an old photo of Coptodon bythobates, which look even more like rendalli to me..

Reactions: Milingu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store