Tank Cycle Phobia?

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
I've tried them all
The fluval has worked fairly well and the fritz is decent
Problem is until you get the cycle done putting this stuff in daily and with water changes gets expensive
Especially for larger tanks
Oh well
Flu all is all gone have a big bottle of fritz

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
This seems overly complicated. I transfer media and then add stability jic. I've done this with wc fish so many times. No ill effects.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
This seems overly complicated. I transfer media and then add stability jic. I've done this with wc fish so many times. No ill effects.
You are probably right
If you do water changes every 2 or 3 days the Prime keeps the ammonia non toxic in the interim
Maybe it's the Seneye that spooks me
Has gone up from .003 to .044 for the ammonia this afternoon

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
You are probably right
If you do water changes every 2 or 3 days the Prime keeps the ammonia non toxic in the interim
Maybe it's the Seneye that spooks me
Has gone up from .003 to .044 for the ammonia this afternoon
But I went through this drill on tank 1 and I didn't have any established media so I know the drill

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Ok this is the update and probably my final post unless something goes awry. All the prep appears to have paid off IMHO. Fish were stocked last Saturday. Was adding Prime/ Safe because at time ammonia was in .08+ range. Changed water Monday (50%). Added some stability and Fritz. Ammonia now approaching zero. Tested Nitrates. 0. Tested Nitrates, 20. Nothing has been added to water since Monday.
Will change water tomorrow. So appears tank is cycled (I know there is still BB growing/balancing but it appears to be tracking very well).
All this with a VERY high bioload.

So I have avoided the water change/ adding shelf BB + worrying drill.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store