Tank mates

Tequilacowboy

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2023
Hey, I’m new to this site… was just curious in a 90 gallon is it ok to house two clown plecos with my Oscar’s? They are fine together now because the Oscar’s are still tiny and not aggressive, I provide a lot of housing/hiding spots. But later down the road when the Oscar’s grow will they be okay together?

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Welcome to the forum!
Clown plecos stay pretty small, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a large Oscar can eat one. That said, a 90 is already pushing too small for a solo oscar, so I definitely wouldn’t keep one with any other fish in that size tank.

Tequilacowboy

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2023
Welcome to the forum!
Clown plecos stay pretty small, so I wouldn’t be surprised if a large Oscar can eat one. That said, a 90 is already pushing too small for a solo oscar, so I definitely wouldn’t keep one with any other fish in that size tank.
Thank you

Reactions: tlindsey

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Loaches should not be kept in pairs. They need a group. And although slowly, CL can get big.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey, I’m new to this site… was just curious in a 90 gallon is it ok to house two clown plecos with my Oscar’s? They are fine together now because the Oscar’s are still tiny and not aggressive, I provide a lot of housing/hiding spots. But later down the road when the Oscar’s grow will they be okay together?
Welcome aboard

Reactions: kno4te

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I’m just following up as I’m curious what happened here? Did you end up keeping them together or did you move them out?

clown plecos are pretty secretive and hide a lot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store