Tank Size

B@@LISM

Feeder Fish
Aug 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

My Tank Size - 60 x 30 x 40 centimeters.

Right Now - I have the following fishes

Oscar - 2.5 " inches oscar - 4 Nos

Chicklet - 1.5" - 2 Nos

Pleco - 3" inches - 1 Nos

Dollar - 1" inches - 2 Nos

Dollar - 1.5" inches - 2 Nos

Dollar - 2" inches - 2 Nos

All of them are staying and mingling fine - Proper Feeding.

What should be the minimum tank size i must maintain to contain all of them or is it enough.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
"chicklet" is not a type of fish. Cichlid is a family of fish, which come in all shapes and sizes. I would post a picture of yours so we can tell you what it is. By "dollar", I assume you mean silver dollars.
The absolute minimum for the Oscar, pleco, and silver dollars would be a 75 gallon (122cmX46cmX56cm). That may be too small to keep the other cichlid as well, depending on the species. Keep in mind that when keeping fish in "minimum" size tanks, the water is going to get dirty quickly, and you will need to do a lot of maintenance to keep nitrates within healthy limits.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Your 20 gallon tank may only hold the silver dollars well. The recommended volume for Oscars is 55 gallons per Oscar due to their adult size and the mess they make. Common plecos will reach from 18 - 24+ inches and they're huge waste producers. So, their tank should be large as well.
I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for a maintenance nightmare and health issues keeping all of those fish in that size tank.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
four Oscars plus some tankmates shouldn't really be in anything much less than 150g, IMO. 5x2x2' or similar.

Reactions: tlindsey

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I am guessing chicklets means convicts. So that would mean we are looking at 4 Oscars 2 Convicts 1 pleco and 6 Silver Dollars. Which would say at least a 6ft tank at least 2ft wide and 30in. deep so a 220gal. for a good start but bigger would be better.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store