tankmates: angels and corys?

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
would angels and corys work as tankmates for an aro if the aro is only 2-3"? i figure if you start them out together young the aro won't think of them as food when he is larger?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Think again lol. The corys might be safe because they stay on the bottom and are good at hiding, but anything that can fit in an aro's mouth eventually could end up there:)

DyaniBGud

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2005
Philippines
And aros grow fast. They'll try to fit anything in their mouths, so you might end up killing both if the aro forces the issue ...

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
those tankmates would end up as feeders, put any tankmates that is bigger than an arowanas mouth or any carnivorous fish

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
i was thinking that angels have deep bodies so they won't fit in the aros mouth and as rallysman said corys are bottomfeeders

my buddy kept a 2.5" jar with 2 very small clown loaches and a small albino rainbow shark successfully until the jar reached 11" and tried to attack one of the loaches but backed off i think because the loaches have sharp fins, in comparison the corys are kind of armored

mcblack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
singapore
there is no sure way to know, it also depends on luck and the personality of the tankmates and your aro

arctibratz

Feeder Fish
Dec 10, 2005
alaska
I have had a silver with an angel since they were babies. now my silver is 2 ft. and i have three angels in the same tank with him. they get along fine other than one aggressive angel that picks on everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store