tankmates for stingray

bad fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
earth
i am getting a black aro in a 155 gal. can i put a stingray with it.

JamieC77

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2006
Indiana
I have a motoro in with my silver aro and they do fine. A lot of other MFK people have them together. The main thing depends on the type of stingray and how big it will get. Most stingrays will outgrow a 155 sooner or later.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
JamieC77;814849; said:
I have a motoro in with my silver aro and they do fine. A lot of other MFK people have them together. The main thing depends on the type of stingray and how big it will get. Most stingrays will outgrow a 155 sooner or later.
:iagree:
Not to mention the aro will outgrow it as well:)
(I have 2 rays with my black)

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
also have a black and a motoro in a 150 and they mix superbly as they live in different waterparts. the ray generally leaves everybody else alone so even if they would both be on the bottom it would be ok.

Alex.P

Feeder Fish
Apr 17, 2007
London
The arow and ray community tank is the best combo, the arow stays at the top and the rays stay at the bottom. Even when i had a Jardini (the only arowana not to be kept with a ray) they stayed out of eachothers way.

knight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
Philippines
StiffMeister;815314; said:
also have a black and a motoro in a 150 and they mix superbly as they live in different waterparts. the ray generally leaves everybody else alone so even if they would both be on the bottom it would be ok.
i agree.

If your a first time ray then get a motoro...

Just maintain good water parameters and it'll be ok...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store