Tankmates with JARDINI (READ!!!)

Something_fishy_juno

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2017
I keep my 10" Jardini with 4 bala sharks (6"), 9 tiger barbs (3"), 1 african knife (8"), 2 bristlenose plecos (4"), and 2 emerald corydoras (3"). The tank is heavily planted (with CO2 injection) with plenty of large driftwood. Hence, the other fishes have plenty of hiding places in case my Jardini decides he wants to go medieval on someone. In the past 12 months, he's only killed 1 bala shark.

I do keep him VERY well fed with giant mealworms and Hikari carnivore pellets. He also loves snacking on the tubifex and bloodworms that I feed the other fishes. He normally doesn't even give the fishes another glance. Just ignores everyone and goes about his business. When he sees me approaching the tank, he knows he's going to get a treat so he just stays right in front of the tank like a puppy dog. Maybe I'm just lucky...but never had any behavorial problems.
This is exactly how I want my jardini to be. I want to try him with neon tetras or guppies or rasboras when he is fully grown and too lazy to catch the small fishes.

Something_fishy_juno

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2017
I keep my 10" Jardini with 4 bala sharks (6"), 9 tiger barbs (3"), 1 african knife (8"), 2 bristlenose plecos (4"), and 2 emerald corydoras (3"). The tank is heavily planted (with CO2 injection) with plenty of large driftwood. Hence, the other fishes have plenty of hiding places in case my Jardini decides he wants to go medieval on someone. In the past 12 months, he's only killed 1 bala shark.

I do keep him VERY well fed with giant mealworms and Hikari carnivore pellets. He also loves snacking on the tubifex and bloodworms that I feed the other fishes. He normally doesn't even give the fishes another glance. Just ignores everyone and goes about his business. When he sees me approaching the tank, he knows he's going to get a treat so he just stays right in front of the tank like a puppy dog. Maybe I'm just lucky...but never had any behavorial problems.
This is exactly how I want my jardini to be. I want to try him with neon tetras or guppies or rasboras when he is fully grown and too lazy to catch the small fishes.
hey guys care to share wat is Jardini? I mean how it looks like..
I20170823_195130.jpg

Reactions: dr exum

Something_fishy_juno

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2017
I was thinking of putting rasboras for mine too but when he is full grown. I've seen it done with Asian aros and silvers and blacks.

Something_fishy_juno

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2017
I'm gonna be trying this too but I'm wondering if the neon have to be introduced when the jar is full grown or while it's still young.

Riveravdub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2017
My cousins Jardini is starting to chase a big tinfoil but won' bother the tiger barbs wtf Grrrr

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Just curious, but would a jardini be dumb enough to try to take down a blue or flathead catfish? Is a set of jaws capable to turn the jar into pulp defense enough?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
good thread! lots of info -

have mine with plecos / sevs

had in community with oscar, loaches, flag tail,

some fish were hiding / scared - moved jar

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com