terrestrial moss?

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
im trying to grow terrestrial moss but it keeps dying
does anyone have any tips or know a good forum for questions about moss?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
I used to make sealed terrariums with mainly moss. I only had success growing it in sealed containers I think this is because it keeps the moisture in. Moss loves damp places and can grow quite well even completely submerged. If your not putting it in a sealed container then mist it as often as you can.

Reactions: jjohnwm and deeda

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
From my little knowledge I think you need to know what moss you are growing. Some prefer shade and only grow facing a particular direction, eg north facing. Some the opposite. And I have done well with some south facing on my waterfall, so VERY damp conditions but where flowing water brought constant change in nutrients but very cool conditions as you will find many Mosses like it cooler rather than warm.
Plantsnap.com have an article on the top 30 mosses and identifying them, not that I have tried to identify what I have, I just know it grows so move cutoffs around a bit but the cold outdoor pond waterfall is where it always does best.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
According to the old saying, "a rolling stone gathers no moss". So if you're trying to grow it on stones, make sure they're still!!! Lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store