TERROR IN THE TANK

DLEONARD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2005
canada
Hello: I have a 75 gallon tank with peococks, and one of the fish was going crazy attacking all the others for the past 2 weeks, I removed him from the tank this weekend and rearrange the rocks, and now my baenshci is doing the same thing. he's keeping all the fish on one side of the tank. They used to get along very well for the past year, what is going on..............what should I do??

Dinah

Apocalypse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
TeXXXas
aquatic-terrors.com
You should have only removed the peacock. When you rearranged your aquarium you promted them to seek a new pecking order in your aquarium. This should settle as soon as everyone knows who the new "tank boss" is.

However, be sure to keep a close eye as to avoid any casualties. Good luck.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
Pretty common problem. Just keep removing the next excessively-dominant fish, and hope things go peaceful before you end up removing the bulk of your collection.

the problem can quickly arise again, after a big water change or change in the aquascape. GL, you'll prolly need it.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
it does, it also decreases behavior in general, though. I've found it very boring to watch fish mindlessly mull about.

three60funk

Feeder Fish
Oct 10, 2005
New Jersey
I had a problem somewhat similar to this.

I had my big dempsey in with my turtle, and it killed anything else in the tank in less than 24 hours.

2 other dempseys, a catfish, and a convict

I recently put him in my large community tank and he has seemed to have a slight attitude adjustment. He definitely "rules" the tank now but he is not as aggressive as b4

XvIrishDevilvX

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2005
Dade City,Florida
www.myspace.com
I had a big old jack in my tank about a year ago and he was my homie. He died a year ago and he was probably about 2 or 3 years old. He would regulate all the toher fish especially this a-hole texas cichlid I bought for my son (he named him Punk, my kid is 3 by the way). The texas would always and still does chase the other fish around the tank especially my pair of green severums. But as soon as he did that ol jack would come out of his hiding place in the rock caves I made and roll up on the texas and he wouldn't even chase or bite him he simply would nudge him kind of like saying " excuse me little fish but either cut the crap or I'll wipe the tank with your freckled behind". Man I miss my jack.....I got a gold jack to replace him but its been about 5 months and he hasn't grown nearly as fast as my old buddy. I miss feeding and petting him. Oh well thats fish keeping I guess.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
The fish that you add back to the tank will probably get beat up now depending on how dominant they are in the second tank you are using. Take out the tough guys one by one until you get your balance back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store