Tetraodon schoutedeni Tank sizw

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I am planning on ordering a group this week. I am torn between putting them in my fish room vs a much nicer decorated tank upstairs. The fish room tank is a standard 40br and upstairs tank is a 30 cube like (20Lx18wx21 tall about) how many can each tank hold comfortably ? Thank you

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am planning on ordering a group this week. I am torn between putting them in my fish room vs a much nicer decorated tank upstairs. The fish room tank is a standard 40br and upstairs tank is a 30 cube like (20Lx18wx21 tall about) how many can each tank hold comfortably ? Thank you

Hope this helpshttps://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/what-puffer-is-this.687271/
Fat Homer Fat Homer

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I would say 2 in the 30 and maybe 3 in the 40b. They are social and usually pretty good with other fish. If you plant the tanks well and or give some good line of sight breaks you will be fine. Mine is in a 75g with 8 S.lucipinnis they are fine together. Id like to get my hands on maybe 3 or 4 more. That may be pushing it though. Ive heard and seen a little interspecies aggression mostly from males toward females from what ive seen. Some times males on males. Usually the girls seem to get along fine.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I would say 2 in the 30 and maybe 3 in the 40b. They are social and usually pretty good with other fish. If you plant the tanks well and or give some good line of sight breaks you will be fine. Mine is in a 75g with 8 S.lucipinnis they are fine together. Id like to get my hands on maybe 3 or 4 more. That may be pushing it though. Ive heard and seen a little interspecies aggression mostly from males toward females from what ive seen. Some times males on males. Usually the girls seem to get along fine.
Thank you. Going to order a group of babies and grow them out.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hope this helpshttps://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/what-puffer-is-this.687271/
Fat Homer Fat Homer
Sadly i cant say i know too much about this species other than what i’ve heard...

But twentyleagues twentyleagues info sounds about right from what i’ve heard...

Which is they are supposedly social like the C.Asellus except dont need the teeth trimming... so if thats anything to go by, they’d probably appreciate being in groups of 3 or 5+ in a tank...

You would likely want to make sure lines of sight are also easily broken using plants incase anyone of them decide to go a but funny...

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Watching this guy is where ive gotten most of my info and a breeder in Germany but you have to use google translate and or know German.
That website is ok. He has a ton of videos on youtube and he posts on the puffer forum.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I don't know much about them other than seeing a few. Personally I think the 40b will be a much more usable layout, but for the price you pay for these I would def want a nice planted display for them.

Usually someone gets singled out in under 4 in a group but these maybe different idk.

Reactions: Charney
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store