The 6x4x2.5 tank. Is this what addiction feels like?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I bet your basement smells like sour milk from all that silicone haha. Good work man

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Starting the dreaded leak test, and have finalized plumbing. Added everyone’s favorite cold water fish as tester for contaminants. Maybe I’ll do a stingray and goldfish community. Lol

View attachment 1315785
I have gold fish with my stingray. But in my scenario the gold fish is the aggressor

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
00kevin 00kevin have you thought out stocking and scape? Would love to see where this is headed

00kevin

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
NJ
00kevin 00kevin have you thought out stocking and scape? Would love to see where this is headed
The goal remains the same: Breed BDs. I currently have 8 BDs. 5 are 6 months old, 3 are about 14 months (almost ready!). I'm thinking that all the females (4) and my prized Thousand Island BD male will join these lucky ladies. If he can't get the job done I have another 3 males ready to step in. I'd be interested in procuring another mature female BD.

Any fish beyond BD's may be geophagus or tinfoil barbs for cleanup. My main concern is fish getting sucked into the 1.5" overflow. Beyond that I wouldn't want the unnecessary bio load, or the hassle of having to get a fish out of a tank of this size. The goldies will be coming out. They should be easy to net. lol

The tank will remain completely bare bottom. The setup is an ugly workhouse destined to be a BD factory.

This week I hope to complete the fill and start cycling the 5ft of K1. Then start piecing together a RO system for the drip

Reactions: JK47 and Dloks

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
The goal remains the same: Breed BDs. I currently have 8 BDs. 5 are 6 months old, 3 are about 14 months (almost ready!). I'm thinking that all the females (4) and my prized Thousand Island BD male will join these lucky ladies. If he can't get the job done I have another 3 males ready to step in. I'd be interested in procuring another mature female BD.

Any fish beyond BD's may be geophagus or tinfoil barbs for cleanup. My main concern is fish getting sucked into the 1.5" overflow. Beyond that I wouldn't want the unnecessary bio load, or the hassle of having to get a fish out of a tank of this size. The goldies will be coming out. They should be easy to net. lol

The tank will remain completely bare bottom. The setup is an ugly workhouse destined to be a BD factory.

This week I hope to complete the fill and start cycling the 5ft of K1. Then start piecing together a RO system for the drip

Sounds awesome. Right up me alley. Would love to see pucks of you prize TI one day. I don’t recall having seen yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store