The addiction has started (new pick ups)

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Well two months ago I got my very first Poly, a nice 9" Delhezi. I could tell as soon as I got him home that I was going to just become totally enamored with the poly's as a species. And now it's starting to show true :)

Went back to the shop today where I picked up my first one 2 months ago to see what sort of poly's he had in the shop right now. I came home with three new poly's.

First one is another Delhezi buddy for my other Del. I knew soon as I saw this one he was going home with me. He's about 11" long right now but he is just such a chunky monkey! Very robust and really active.

The other two are a pair of Senegals. They are both only about 3-4" at the moment so will be grown out for a while till they are ready to go with the del's once I finish the tanks up.
sen1.jpg
sen2.jpg

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
Nice pickup and yes you are addicted lol.

It's so hard not to be. I just think these guys are so interesting to watch and just seem almost to be as close to an "animal" ( like a dog / cat) as any fish can be.

I think it was you that suggested these to me a couple months ago when I was asking about something different. I'm so glad you did because they are exactly what I was looking to get into.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's so hard to to be. I just think these guys are so interesting to watch and just seem almost to be as close to an "animal" ( like a dog / cat) as any fish can be.

I think it was you that suggested these to me a couple months ago when I was asking about something different. I'm so glad you did because they are exactly what I was looking to get into.

I felt the very same way when I found out about them.:)

Reactions: the fine flip

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
I spent a decent amount there today, but I could have spent SOOO much more if I didn't exercise some restraint lol. He had a decent number of Endi's from 4"-12" range, a 9" Teug, a 9" Bichir Bichir (Nile Bichir if I'm not mistaken?) and some 4" ornates.

I really wanted to get an ornate but with my tanks I'm doing for these guys being 4x2x2's I just didn't think it would be fair to an ornate because I've read on here they can get pretty big.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Damn! Put that fish on a treadmill!

Maybe you could have ramen for lunch with the poly crew one day.

Those are some nice pickups, but you're going to regret them 2 months and 13 polys later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store