The Bichir Handbook <1% of copies remain

Josh's Fish

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2014
United Kingdom
www.thebichirhandbook.com
Hi all,

We're currently down to less than 1% of remaining copies of The Bichir Handbook from the main website. These will be gone by the month's, or perhaps week's end. I don't want anyone here missing out, especially as members from this community put forward so many great Polypteridae images which could be used. We've been grateful the book has had such a long lifespan, three print runs over two years, so for now, we envision these to be the last copies; and I will continue to provide informative content in other mediums. Being so occupied with marketing for the last few years, I've missed chatting in forums like this!

[MAIN WEBSTE] - <1% of copies remain

[SIGNED COPIES ON EBAY] - A limited amount of these remain

[OTHER RESELLERS] - These will soon be the only places to order the book from, some going out of stock (OOS) fast

All should come with a free species checklist bookmark and double-sided A3 poster

So you're aware, shipping is rather on the expensive side (caused by Covid-19 then the Ukraine crisis), but I've kept the book price low from the outset to help offset some of the shipping costs. Depending on your country, it may work out cheaper for you ordering from the other sellers.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.21.23.png
*If ordered before the 14th Dec in the UK, you may still recieve copies in time for Christmas!

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.19.30.png

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all,

We're currently down to less than 1% of remaining copies of The Bichir Handbook from the main website. These will be gone by the month's, or perhaps week's end. I don't want anyone here missing out, especially as members from this community put forward so many great Polypteridae images which could be used. We've been grateful the book has had such a long lifespan, three print runs over two years, so for now, we envision these to be the last copies; and I will continue to provide informative content in other mediums. Being so occupied with marketing for the last few years, I've missed chatting in forums like this!

[MAIN WEBSTE] - <1% of copies remain

[SIGNED COPIES ON EBAY] - A limited amount of these remain

[OTHER RESELLERS] - These will soon be the only places to order the book from, some going out of stock (OOS) fast

All should come with a free species checklist bookmark and double-sided A3 poster

So you're aware, shipping is rather on the expensive side (caused by Covid-19 then the Ukraine crisis), but I've kept the book price low from the outset to help offset some of the shipping costs. Depending on your country, it may work out cheaper for you ordering from the other sellers.

View attachment 1508766
*If ordered before the 14th Dec in the UK, you may still recieve copies in time for Christmas!

View attachment 1508765
Congrats on the awards!!!

Gerrit0

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2022
Congrats Josh to you and the whole team!
Is there any Chance i can buy one copy in Germany?

The only good book i have is „Polypterus“ by Frank Schäfer.

Josh's Fish

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2014
United Kingdom
www.thebichirhandbook.com
Congrats Josh to you and the whole team!
Is there any Chance i can buy one copy in Germany?

The only good book i have is „Polypterus“ by Frank Schäfer.
Hi, yes, I believe Chimaira Buchhandelsgesellschaft mbH has some copies left in stock https://www.chimaira.de/the-bichir-handbook.html usually quite fast delivery too.

Failing that, C.E. Fish Essentials from London, UK should have good postage rates to Germany, https://cefishessentials.com/product/the-bichir-handbook-book-by-joshua-pickett/

The signed copies on eBay are sent out via the Global Shipping Programme, rates are calculated on checkout, these may be a reasonable price too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175347984508

You can also order direct from the website, coming from Surrey, UK www.thebichirhandbook.com though I expect the others listed may be cheaper to Germany.

I do like Schäfer's book, nearly a couple of decades old now, so identifications are dated, but if you ignore the few wrong identifications in there, the reference images are incredible, and the book pairs so well with The Bichir Handbook. Unfortunately, there's not many other good bichir books out there, I've seen a couple pop up recently, piggy-backing on the waves this book made (I was quite excited to see more literature on them), but after reading, they were just copy/pasted information taken from dated and incorrect online factfiles, something we set out to try and quash with the publication of The Bichir Handbook. Before Earl Pigar passed away, he was starting to compile all the known ecotypes/variations of polypterids, and how to identify them, it was going to be comprehensive addition to The Bichir Handbook, or an enitrely new book. I can think of very few people who would be able to do what he was planning :(

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store