The big move

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Ok so to update this situation.

6 have made a full recovery, and the last sae has lost a lot of weight but survived. They are all currently eating nls probiotix quite ravenously

the tank has been running somewhat smoothly so far. The water is still yellow from the bifuran even after many wc.

I was on the edge of quitting the hobby because it felt like everything was falling apart. Then I realized I need to keep going for the ones I still have and also all the other fish that are still to be shipped to me from back home. I’m happy I didn’t pull the plug. Well, I will be happier once I get it all set up and get my rays back in my tank.

we found a place and we get possession in early December so I hope to get my new tanks up and running before Christmas if possible.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018

6 have made a full recovery, and the last sae has lost a lot of weight but survived. They are all currently eating nls probiotix quite ravenously

the tank has been running somewhat smoothly so far. The water is still yellow from the bifuran even after many wc.

I was on the edge of quitting the hobby because it felt like everything was falling apart. Then I realized I need to keep going for the ones I still have and also all the other fish that are still to be shipped to me from back home. I’m happy I didn’t pull the plug. Well, I will be happier once I get it all set up and get my rays back in my tank.

we found a place and we get possession in early December so I hope to get my new tanks up and running before Christmas if possible.
Glad you and your fish are still with us!!
Good luck with the new house and the tanks!

Reactions: Matteus

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

You've been through a lot. Let your surviving fish be your inspiration!

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada

Good to hear man.. look forward to updates

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Will be moving into our new place this weekend. We get our keys to the new place tomorrow.

today we picked up a temporary heater to keep the garage above freezing temp until we can get it properly heated, so my new tanks don’t freeze any seams. Pretty excited to start tinkering around in the new fish room/ garage.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Congrats on the new place looking forward seeing what’s to come

Johnez

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2020
Damn what a trying experience. Moving is hard enough as it is, without massively stressing out about your fish. Hat's off that you persevered. Hope everything works out, looks like your on victory road.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Any updates on the move? I'm curious to hear if all the remaining fish have made a full recovery. Good luck with moving the remaining fish!
Hey thanks for asking. The silver dollars that survived are doing well now currently.

E32808BC-F7D7-49AC-BE3B-98963C2B37A8.jpegC5E1E295-0131-4F1C-86C9-4E508BF3FBAB.jpegCCD03958-B845-45E7-A95B-11856DA0F6CB.jpeg450C44DB-A338-456C-9C05-65A0771C06E7.jpeg

Here is the continuation of after the move itself.

and here are the threads with the rays after the move they were shipped to me by a friend.

Reactions: deeda and DThompson
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store