The cheek of some people.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Some of you are aware that I have recently started drawing again. It's something i haven't done since i left school. I've posted some in the official artwork of the week thread and I am currently enjoying getting back into it.

However, from very early on it became quite apparent that my eyes are absolutely shot at. Fine detailing of my work has been extremely difficult, so my wife booked me in for an eye test.

We went earlier and the place was empty. The optician confirmed that I was blind as a bat before he'd even checked me out....I walked into the toilets instead of his studio, which was all rather embarassing but there you go, lol.

After he'd checked me out he pointed over to the main desk and told me to see the two ladies, who would show me some frames. So I went over, slapped my hands down on the counter and said, "right ladies, i'd like some frames that are going to make me look suave, sophisticated and debonair, and take 10 years off me".

They both looked at me as dead pan as you like, not a flicker of emotion on their faces. One of them tilted her head forward and looked at me from over the rims of her glasses. She looked at her friend and as dry as you like said, "it looks like we've got our work cut out here mavis!!!!"

My wife was laughing her head off. Honestly, I was mortified. No wonder the place was empty if that's the manner in which they address their clientele.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
Well Oliver....Yes, Stan :ROFL:

Last edited:

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Some of you are aware that I have recently started drawing again. It's something i haven't done since i left school. I've posted some in the official artwork of the week thread and I am currently enjoying getting back into it.

However, from very early on it became quite apparent that my eyes are absolutely shot at. Fine detailing of my work has been extremely difficult, so my wife booked me in for an eye test.

We went earlier and the place was empty. The optician confirmed that I was blind as a bat before he'd even checked me out....I walked into the toilets instead of his studio, which was all rather embarassing but there you go, lol.

After he'd checked me out he pointed over to the main desk and told me to see the two ladies, who would show me some frames. So I went over, slapped my hands down on the counter and said, "right ladies, i'd like some frames that are going to make me look suave, sophisticated and debonair, and take 10 years off me".

They both looked at me as dead pan as you like, not a flicker of emotion on their faces. One of them tilted her head forward and looked at me from over the rims of her glasses. She looked at her friend and as dry as you like said, "it looks like we've got our work cut out here mavis!!!!"

My wife was laughing her head off. Honestly, I was mortified. No wonder the place was empty if that's the manner in which they address their clientele.
I’ve never been good at art lol even since I can remember I’ve had glasses and recently learned I’m actually legally blind at age 16 and it’s only getting worse faster there’s times when I’ll be a couple feet from my tank and not be able to see my fish swimming. All I’ll see is an odd shape moving frantically but I know what it is and my brain just fills in the blanks but for school i always sat kn the back of the class and would get in trouble for not taking notes because I couldn’t see. Art is a different story. My cousin is amazing at art I don’t get how she does it it’s just mind blowing. I’ll show you guys a picture she drew a while ago if I still have it but I’ve never been able to hardly seen what I’m putting on the paper to draw anything good

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I’ve never been good at art lol even since I can remember I’ve had glasses and recently learned I’m actually legally blind at age 16 and it’s only getting worse faster there’s times when I’ll be a couple feet from my tank and not be able to see my fish swimming. All I’ll see is an odd shape moving frantically but I know what it is and my brain just fills in the blanks but for school i always sat kn the back of the class and would get in trouble for not taking notes because I couldn’t see. Art is a different story. My cousin is amazing at art I don’t get how she does it it’s just mind blowing. I’ll show you guys a picture she drew a while ago if I still have it but I’ve never been able to hardly seen what I’m putting on the paper to draw anything good
My cousin drew this. Forgot to include it in my first comment
302CEE23-E7E0-41A7-A030-238F5B423157.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
But...was the place really empty? Or were the other people just not moving, so you failed to spot them...?
Well I must be going deaf as well as blind then because not only did I not see anybody, I didn't hear anybody either!

I'll have to get my ears checked out too but if the staff are as rude at the ear place I don't think my current fragile state of mind could take any more abuse, lol.

Reactions: deeda

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I recon they succeeded! Those rims are looking mighty dapper!
Are you telling me porkies nik, my wife says I look like a complete twonk! But mind you, she said I looked like a complete twonk before the glasses too, lol.

Nothing like a supportive partner, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store