The Crazy Clown Loach

zekni

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
St. George, Utah
I recently picked up a tank with some fish in it, one of those being a lone clown loach.
Now, I realize they prefer to be in groups.. but would that calm it down, or are they all such spazzes?! I've never had loaches before.
This little dude is like a ping pong ball and he never stops. I initially put him in my discus tank, as the tank he came in was going to the red devils and I didn't think he'd like it in there.. but damn. I'm going to have to move him to one of the frontosa tanks... little dude is crazy!

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
All clown loaches are usually that way. That is why I like them. They have some "personality".

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
a hiding spot will help calm him down....

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
zekni;541175; said:
He has his choice of hiding spots! Instead, he chooses to zip at high speed around the tank.. up down, side to side... oh yeah.. and he chases the discus too.

Definately moving it to a new tank.
guess he really wants to go to "school":D

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
in my experience when in a shoal or school thye tend to be much calmer. when on there own they can be very skittish. but when in a group they seek refuge in each others refuge even if they do squabble a bit.
as for chasing the discus, my experience with that is that i once had a silver arowana and they chase him around staying very close to the gill plate and mouth, 'scavenging for food like remora's do with sharks maybe'n i don't know for sure. just try and get a few more clowns and i reckon you shoud see a difference in his behavour.

Good Luck mate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store