The end of Sake

Vinsanitie

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2013
Indiana
What's up guys,

Haven't been on for awhile.. Just been busy with a bunch of BS lately... So this happened a couple of months ago, but still feels pretty recent.. So I'd say probably around mid April, I got off work on a friday evening and went home to clean the tank .. Everything was going smoothly and I got the tank looking great.. I spent a lot of time cleaning the tank because my parents were having a party the following night so I wanted to show off Sake ...

After getting everything cleaned up and watching him swim around for a bit, I went to my buddy's house for the usual friday night shenanigans.. Fast forward to about midnight, I wanted to go home but my buddy talked me into staying a bit longer just to BS and what not... Well the subject of fish tanks came up and we started talking about Sake. Blah blah blah we went on for awhile and I was telling him how Arowana's are notorious for jumping..

2AM i arrive home and walk downstairs because I sleep in the basement where the tanks are.. I'm a bit drunk so I just did a quick glance over at the tank.. I see my clown knife swimming but Sake no where in sight.. I'm thinking in my head "no way I'm this drunk where I can't see a 2 foot fish".. I walk over and don't see him anywhere .. Now my drunkness is pretty much non existent and I'm like freaking out now... I'm looking all around the tank and everything, but he's nowhere.. Finally popped in my head to check underneath the tank... I open the bottom door of the stand and there he is.. He is still pretty wet but he turned pretty red from being outta the water too long.. I dropped him back in and held him but it was too late... What really got me is that I wanted to go home around midnight... Had I gone home then I probably could've saved him.. I stayed up until 5 holding him in my had in the tank hoping he would make it... I finally gave up and froze him...

Sake pretty much started a new chapter in my life... I graduated high school, got a new job I actually wanted and made a career out of it, bought my very first car and so on... Seeing him go was actually pretty hard after 4 years... He was so well trained and miss seeing him go crazy for food when I walk up... He didn't have drop eye, fins and all that were good... Best one that has been raised in the family that my pops told me... IMG_3607.JPGIMG_3609.JPG IMG_3610.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG
Now i have a new one but he's still on the shy side... hopefully he grows out of it and takes Sake's spot one day

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
What's up guys,

Haven't been on for awhile.. Just been busy with a bunch of BS lately... So this happened a couple of months ago, but still feels pretty recent.. So I'd say probably around mid April, I got off work on a friday evening and went home to clean the tank .. Everything was going smoothly and I got the tank looking great.. I spent a lot of time cleaning the tank because my parents were having a party the following night so I wanted to show off Sake ...

After getting everything cleaned up and watching him swim around for a bit, I went to my buddy's house for the usual friday night shenanigans.. Fast forward to about midnight, I wanted to go home but my buddy talked me into staying a bit longer just to BS and what not... Well the subject of fish tanks came up and we started talking about Sake. Blah blah blah we went on for awhile and I was telling him how Arowana's are notorious for jumping..

2AM i arrive home and walk downstairs because I sleep in the basement where the tanks are.. I'm a bit drunk so I just did a quick glance over at the tank.. I see my clown knife swimming but Sake no where in sight.. I'm thinking in my head "no way I'm this drunk where I can't see a 2 foot fish".. I walk over and don't see him anywhere .. Now my drunkness is pretty much non existent and I'm like freaking out now... I'm looking all around the tank and everything, but he's nowhere.. Finally popped in my head to check underneath the tank... I open the bottom door of the stand and there he is.. He is still pretty wet but he turned pretty red from being outta the water too long.. I dropped him back in and held him but it was too late... What really got me is that I wanted to go home around midnight... Had I gone home then I probably could've saved him.. I stayed up until 5 holding him in my had in the tank hoping he would make it... I finally gave up and froze him...

Sake pretty much started a new chapter in my life... I graduated high school, got a new job I actually wanted and made a career out of it, bought my very first car and so on... Seeing him go was actually pretty hard after 4 years... He was so well trained and miss seeing him go crazy for food when I walk up... He didn't have drop eye, fins and all that were good... Best one that has been raised in the family that my pops told me... View attachment 1269941View attachment 1269942 View attachment 1269943
View attachment 1269944
Now i have a new one but he's still on the shy side... hopefully he grows out of it and takes Sake's spot one day

Sorry for your loss

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I am sorry for your loss V Vinsanitie
Its heart-breaking....

Wish you all the best with your new baby..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store