The horrors of your local fish store being out of chlorine remover

jcarson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2018
Las Vegas Nevada
www.instagram.com
Luckily I have many petco's and petsmarts in my area, also too many walmarts, targets so that this would have ever happened to me I would be ok.

I dont know about your water parameters but RD. RD. had posted this and has helped me never run out or pay top dollar for water conditioner ever again.

Reactions: tlindsey

Mr geophagus

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2019
Luckily I have many petco's and petsmarts in my area, also too many walmarts, targets so that this would have ever happened to me I would be ok.

I dont know about your water parameters but RD. RD. had posted this and has helped me never run out or pay top dollar for water conditioner ever again.

To be fair, it’s for a 29 gallon, and where I live distilled water is 60 cents a gallon.

Reactions: jcarson

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I personally order online Seachem Safe.
Same as tlindsey. It's a good product and works out to quite cheap in the long run. It is also very handy if you do a lot of water changes that require dosing the entire tank, and keep larg-ish tanks. The stuff in my local LFS wouldn't last me two months, if that.

Reactions: tlindsey

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Just keep in mind that distilled water is not typically like tap water, as it is void of all mineral content. Too much of a quick change in TDS etc, could cause osmotic shock in your fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store