The ignorance...

Lexitron

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
That's how I feel sometimes when I see an utterly stupid post on Instagram.I feel compelled to reply and the next thing I know I'm embroiled in an argument with some internet badass.
I avoid a lot of social media for this reason. However, I feel that the screen shots illustrate something that is a growing problem; at least in the U.S. When arguing using science and facts, people will ignore it and call it your opinion. And then disagree. Hoards of people ignoring and discounting science because they don't know or understand. It is so hard not to get wrapped up in arguments with the ignorant. As a zoology major, I struggle with this all the time when trying to discuss animals with people. Their misconceptions about everything from fish to big cats (the old, "i want a tiger for a pet" is an argument that is sooooo hard for me to ignore) are huge and can be so aggravating. I applaud anyone who still tries to educate in the face of so much ignorance.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
When arguing using science and facts, people will ignore it and call it your opinion. And then disagree. Hoards of people ignoring and discounting science because they don't know or understand.
Don't want to get into politics at all but ummmm its like that with everything including social issues that have had precedents set centuries ago. I think we are nearing a time when people will be posting on mfk about their two fish of the same sex not being able to reproduce and seriously wondering why lol. I weep for the future...
Dont ban me.

Lexitron

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
Don't want to get into politics at all but ummmm its like that with everything including social issues that have had precedents set centuries ago. I think we are nearing a time when people will be posting on mfk about their two fish of the same sex not being able to reproduce and seriously wondering why lol. I weep for the future...
Dont ban me.
hahahahahaha I hear you there; I was hoping I wouldn't offend by throwing that out there. That's the other thing too: everyone is offended by everything. The future is potentially scary indeed.

Piscavores:)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2018
I think we are nearing a time when people will be posting on mfk about their two fish of the same sex not being able to reproduce and seriously wondering why lol.
Dont ban me
Post title “Why won’t my bettas breed”
Entry “I have 2 male bettas and I let them see each other in through the divider for a few weeks, I lifted the divider and gave them some space, but when I came back my larger plakat had killed my half moon and there were no eggs:cry::rip:help2:. I took all the right steps I don’t understand please explain why”
LMAO please don’t ban me as well but I really hope this isn’t the future of MFK

Reactions: HybridFinatic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store