The most nano of nano tanks.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
to cut the story short, I tried a hand at breeding dumbo mosaic guppies a little less than a year ago, lost the trio to a camallanus worm outbreak, except 1 female survived, and she went on to give birth to 39 fry (6 were stillborn, and I lost 12 along the way)
I now have 15 very nice males and 7 females, including the mother.
one stands out though, as in spite of being a mosaic guppy, he doesn't have any pattern except for the coloration of the strain he's supposed to be
in regards to recent events, I have been impelled to move my fishroom to the basement (as I have been informed that the room it's in currently can't hold the weight of my tanks)
I enjoy my fish, and I enjoy looking at my fish, the guppies are no exception in spite of their tank being bare bottomed with pleco caves. They make it interesting. I'm working on having a few display tanks in my room just to have something nice to look at from the comfort of my bedroom without having to go all the way down to the basement when I'm stuck awake at midnight. I'm already working on making a display tank for a betta, I have an empty tank ready to make a display tank for a single male undu reef peacock, and I planned on getting one more tank after that. I recently got the bright idea to take that patternless guppy I mentioned earlier and put him in his own display tank in my room, just to have some little colorful thing to look at up here. Now here's the dilemma I've come up with, should I go buy another 5 gallon, or should I use the little empty 2.5 gallon I used to use as a cricket cage for my geckos? I mean it's just the one guppy, and maybe some ramshorns or shrimp, but then again it's a 2.5 gallon.
you guys tell me what you think about it. regardless of what size tank I go with I'd do my best to make it as nice as I can, but a 2.5 with a single guppy would certainly be one of the tiniest functional tanks I've ever had.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
The guppy as a center piece fish, I did that before in a 2 gallon lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store