THE SMELL....

skillzdatkillz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2006
somwhere
I got some purigen for all my tanks, now I just need a bag with smaller holes. My parents decided on new carpet so thats good except for the fact that my tank will need to be broken down so they can put it in.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
ewurm;527835; said:
I would try RightGuard...Maybe the smell is you...LOL Honestly, use carbon and/or Purigen packs.

I was going to say Purigen!

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
as a temp fix you can always use vanilla or an Onion. I know Onion seems to be an odd air freshner but it does an amazing job at absorbing oders. We painted a room once the the smell wouldn't go away and when we put an onion in there it went away. Try Onions cut in half first. For the quick fix.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
When you get the carpets up check there is no mold under the carpet check the back and underside of tank stands if they are wooden clean them with a very dilute bleach solution (if mold is on them)then let them dry this will kill it off. Then learn for your mistakes when doing water changes etc get a throw over cover used by painter and decorators available for the DIY store and put that down when servicing also a nice plastic bowl for washing up to stand filters in. Then if it’s the tanks that smell go down the carbon road.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store