Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
JEAE21;1173071; said:
you have parrots too?
were they ok from the smoke fumes?
Yes i got them all out of the house.. and thank fully there are no fumes or smoke remmants left ..it took days of cleaning but the fish room is fresh like it never happened.

ziggy2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
IL
Thank God you both are ok. I know you care dearly for your fish and I am sorry. But they could have saved you both. You are in our prayers.

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
a tanks bottom bursting out?!? WTF. a tank that big would have to reinforce the glass. i don't see how a electric problem vcould do this. this is'nt right. you should talk to the tank manufactioners. sorry about your pacs. i now how bad it is. i have had my favorates, and i have had a couple that i loved and were part of the family in a way. my trained electric catfish. i petted that thing, taught it to swim through hopes for food. if i layed my palm flat on the bottom, it would come and sit onit, and let me move it. amazing how fish can bond sometimes. i gave that thing a burual in the backyard right next to my cats. it happened a year or 2 ago, and ever since, i have been searching for another, but for some people, they lose interest in that type all together agfter they lose a fish that great to them.good luck. u must have a lot of work to do

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mudskipper;1178308; said:
a tanks bottom bursting out?!? WTF. a tank that big would have to reinforce the glass. i don't see how a electric problem vcould do this. this is'nt right. you should talk to the tank manufactioners. sorry about your pacs. i now how bad it is. i have had my favorates, and i have had a couple that i loved and were part of the family in a way. my trained electric catfish. i petted that thing, taught it to swim through hopes for food. if i layed my palm flat on the bottom, it would come and sit onit, and let me move it. amazing how fish can bond sometimes. i gave that thing a burual in the backyard right next to my cats. it happened a year or 2 ago, and ever since, i have been searching for another, but for some people, they lose interest in that type all together agfter they lose a fish that great to them.good luck. u must have a lot of work to do
Thank you all for your kindness..i have moved on since this was three weeks ago ..my pacus are missed greatly.. but we have since cleaned and repaired everything and i have given my clown knife a new tank in the same spot.. the other tank was in.. it is completly different kind of tank so it won't remind me so much..but all is well .... and thanks again.

theborg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
gettysburg pa
WOW i just read this whole thread and all i can say is sorry for your loss they looked like great fish and i am sad that you had to loose them like this it really sucks but u have to look at the bright side you didn't loose your house or the rest of your fish or your life so you will move on and this will help you grow and now we will all look at what we have in a different light and add what ever we all can so this wont happen to anyone else again sorry for you loss

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
theborg;1353873; said:
WOW i just read this whole thread and all i can say is sorry for your loss they looked like great fish and i am sad that you had to loose them like this it really sucks but u have to look at the bright side you didn't loose your house or the rest of your fish or your life so you will move on and this will help you grow and now we will all look at what we have in a different light and add what ever we all can so this wont happen to anyone else again sorry for you loss
Thank you for your kind words..it has been awhile now and seeing them and remenbering them still is my heartbreak.. never knew fish could well up such emotion ...but i have moved on and i am very thank ful it was not worse.. very thankful!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store