youtu.be
I've seen them like that.

Reactions: tlindsey

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Yup thats a thing. They do flower, they have small white flowers (or mine did) that appear to grow from the underside of the lily pad.
The largest my lily pads got was around the size of my hand, maybe 15cm or so?

If you leave them they should grow more banana plants that you can either cut off when big enough or leave to fall off on its own, these also grow near the lily pad.

If you want to keep them from growing surface pads all you have to do is snip any shoots you see heading for the surface, but be quick, mine only took about a day to get to the surface and once one shoot gets to the surface it will send out shoots like crazy.
Personally I love the lily pads, they cast awesome shadows which helps add more depth to the tank, but if you brought it to put in the foreground this may not be ideal.

Unfortunately I dont think I took any pictures of mine. I wish I had now, it was quite impressive as far as banana plants go. :)

ZIPLOCKEDBRZ

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2019
NH
Yup thats a thing. They do flower, they have small white flowers (or mine did) that appear to grow from the underside of the lily pad.
The largest my lily pads got was around the size of my hand, maybe 15cm or so?

If you leave them they should grow more banana plants that you can either cut off when big enough or leave to fall off on its own, these also grow near the lily pad.

If you want to keep them from growing surface pads all you have to do is snip any shoots you see heading for the surface, but be quick, mine only took about a day to get to the surface and once one shoot gets to the surface it will send out shoots like crazy.
Personally I love the lily pads, they cast awesome shadows which helps add more depth to the tank, but if you brought it to put in the foreground this may not be ideal.

Unfortunately I dont think I took any pictures of mine. I wish I had now, it was quite impressive as far as banana plants go. :)
I appreciate the info! I also love lily pads I was surprised to see them coming off the bananas haha.

Reactions: Kittiee Katt
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store