Tiger

stratusfearrr

Feeder Fish
Sep 12, 2009
Connecticut
great shot! i would crop it a little closer to the top of the tigers head, because the oof trees in the background seem to distract me.

Granted, i messed with a few levels. It brings out the beautiful coloration of the tiger.

Tiger copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrlimpet

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2005
san francisco
forgot to add that you should also post the cam settings used (shutter speed, f/stop, flash on/off, lens used, etc. so you can get more useful comments in the critiques. if it's easier to just post the exif data (copy/paste), then that'll work too.

Ultimbow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Quebec
mrlimpet;105967; said:
i like the 'peekaboo' aspect of this shot. :)

is this a young siberian tiger?
It's a 2 year old female siberien tiger.

1/500sec
f 9.0
iso 300
taken at 300mm with a tamron 70-300mm LD-Di
no flash
canon xti

mrlimpet

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2005
san francisco
if this was handheld, i think you did a great job at maximum zoom. :)

was this AF or manual focus? it looks as if AF may have targeted the fallen log instead of the the tiger's head, not really a surprise since she's mostly hidden behind it. the aperture of f/9 kept her head from being out of focus.

usually, i shoot zoo animals f/5.6-f/6.3. the wider aperture lets in more light.

as i said before, i like it. keep shooting and sharing. :)

Ultimbow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
Quebec
it was hand held and AF witch took the log in focus :( and it is taken trough a fence. mange to take the picture without seeing it.

soniyajack

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2010
soniyajack
Nice Picture has been taken,The tiger is a member of the Felidae family; the largest of the four "big cats" in the genus Panthera. Native to much of eastern and southern Asia, the tiger is an apex predator and an obligate carnivore. Reaching up to 4 metres (13 ft) in total length and weighing up to 300 kilograms (660 pounds), the larger tiger subspecies are comparable in size to the biggest extinct felids. Aside from their great bulk and power, their most recognizable feature is the pattern of dark vertical stripes that overlays near-white to reddish-orange fur, with lighter underparts.

DooSPX

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
Florida, USA
great shot!!! Tigers are my favorite animal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store