Tigrinus owners, please check my set-up

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Tigrinus said:
I wouldnt go with aros,,,they get too big. Aros need space to swim around constantly, unlike Tigrinus. It is unfair to have a 2.5-3ft fish swimming in 6ftx2ft ovals. You mentioned a 300g so an aro might be ok if you upgrade??

Black aros get just long as silvers,,,they are just not as husky.

It takes a while to get aros to hit 3 ft. At 1.5 - 2 ft , it would be ok to have a width of 24 inches as they have slender bodies. Of course wider is better. Same with the stingrays that you suggested earlier. They would be ok in there for a while. Personally , i would worry about keeping the stingray alive first before thinking about the 20 inch diameter disc that is common with most freshwater rays. :)

Blackwater

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Seventh Gate
Untill I get much larger tanks or indoor ponds, I am holding off on rays or aros. I'm really just interested in finding a nice, healthy, small Tigrinus. I thought Shark Aquarium was supposed to be a good seller but somebody on here saw the Tigs there and said they were a little rough looking? River Wonders has some listed, anybody ever deal with them?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Blackwater said:
Untill I get much larger tanks or indoor ponds, I am holding off on rays or aros. I'm really just interested in finding a nice, healthy, small Tigrinus. I thought Shark Aquarium was supposed to be a good seller but somebody on here saw the Tigs there and said they were a little rough looking? River Wonders has some listed, anybody ever deal with them?

Blackwater, i have personally seen those tigs since they were 2-3 inches. I can tell you those tigs are nice !! But maybe i have a lower standard than ( who posted it ?) . But if you have any doubts, request for a pic.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
my first tigrinus was housed with all sorts of fishes, dats, sthingrays, bichirs, cichlids, gars, jau cats, juruense cats, tiger shovelnose cats, bacu cats, you name it.

my last tigrinus was housed with clown loaches, dats, plecos, giant perch, and a couple other fishes.

basically, what I'm saying is, you can house just about anything with a tigrinus as long as those fish don't bother it.

Blackwater

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Seventh Gate
redtailfool said:
Blackwater, i have personally seen those tigs since they were 2-3 inches. I can tell you those tigs are nice !! But maybe i have a lower standard than ( who posted it ?) . But if you have any doubts, request for a pic.

Good enough endorsement for me. I will request a pic before sending the $310 (incl $58 shipping) just to be safe though.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
The tig's are in awesome shape, but their streamers are ragged. I wish you could pick out one in particular. There was one in a tank of about 7-8 that stood out like a sore thumb. It was drop dead gorgeous. From what I hear though, streamers grow back pretty fast, so it shouldn't be a problem.

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
Blackwater said:
I forgot to mention that I am leaning towards 6 Red hook silver dollars as tankmates, any feedback would be appreciated!!!!!
Ive never kept tig, but i have kept silver dollars. My experiance with them is that they are VERY peaceful, timid, and tough. They are also very fast and tend to stay in the mid upper lvls of the tank so i doubt the tig could catch them easily. I dont think i had red hooks but ive never heard of silver dollars being aggressive or anythin. But ive never kept a tig so i have no idea how they would work with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store