Toad breeding season problem

Jdk

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2020
Indonesia
Well it turns out after a couple of observations that the toads have to slowly inch their way throughout the whole night through the garden which has no grass for the most part (there had recently been a renovation). Im guessing this is because they feel exposed and dont want to gain a lot of attention. Then they would have to wait for a long time to see if there are any humans and when its clear, they would sprint their way through the wooden platform as they feel even more exposed. Well thats why i always wondered why the toads dont go at night and there would be less toads in the pond and more in the morning compared to my old pond years ago which was a few cm away from the garden.

So i tried every night to shoo them all the way to the edge of the garden in hopes of maybe not allowing them to reach the pond in time for breeding. Well it sort of worked out and i can only see 1-2 males because they're the fast ones or sometimes even see NONE.

Even considered placing a human dummy but not only would it scare the toads but also my neighbours lol.

Last edited:
Well it turns out after a couple of observations that the toads have to slowly inch their way throughout the whole night through the garden which has not grass for the most part (there had recently been a renovation). Im guessing this is because they feel exposed and dont want to gain a lot of attention. Then they would have to sprint their way through the wooden platform as they feel even more exposed. Well thats why i always wondered why the toads dont go at night and there would be less toads in the pond and more in the morning compared to my old pond years ago which was a few cm away from the garden.

So i tried every night to shoo them all the way to the edge of the garden in hopes of maybe not allowing them to reach the pond in time for breeding. Well it sort of worked out and i can only see 1-2 males because they're the fast ones or sometimes even see NONE.

Even considered placing a human dummy but not only would it scare the toads but also my neighbours lol.
I don't think the toads would recognize a human dummy either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store