too many fish?

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
so im settin up a 100 gallon tank, and its gonna be filtered by 2 AC110's so.....i decied to go with an Congo river set-up. and this is what i came up with

1 Polypterus Ornatipinnis (Senior Puff!)
1 Mormyrops Boulengerii
1 Pantodon Buchholzi
10 Congo Tetras
1 Xenomystus Nigri

Good? Too many fish? ive never set up a tank this big before, so i dont really know how many fish i can put in the tank.....................

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
grmanrocks;550655; said:
so im settin up a 100 gallon tank, and its gonna be filtered by 2 AC110's so.....i decied to go with an Congo river set-up. and this is what i came up with

1 Polypterus Ornatipinnis (Senior Puff!)
1 Mormyrops Boulengerii
1 Pantodon Buchholzi
10 Congo Tetras
1 Xenomystus Nigri

Good? Too many fish? ive never set up a tank this big before, so i dont really know how many fish i can put in the tank.....................
Seems go to me, except get a canister or a sump.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Sounds good grmanrocks:thumbsup: .....You already know much about filtration, but consider adding a canister for biological filtration....I do the two AC110 setup on my 100 from time to time, so it's fine....They are actually great mechanical filters, so good to go...Or try something new like a DIY wet/dry....They're really easy and inexpensive....I prefer the "3-drawer in a sump" method myself, total costs for drawer and plastic bin is about $50 at Office Depot.....Just fill up the bottom two drawers with balls and put filter floss in the top drawer....Drill a single hole on the top of the drawer and insert your intake tube....PLace the drawer inside your new plastic bin and your almost done....Just choose a pump and connect an outake tube to it, and your finished....My 180's sump is going to use this:http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18559/si1379421/cl0/riohyperflow20hfpump....

turtall

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2005
State of Hawai'i
As is it will work just fine. Doesn't sound too populated now, but if you are like me or most of us anybody you will be adding new fish. Just keep back-up in mind and get it (cycled,populated, stabilized; you know), for when you increase the number of residents in your tank.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
i will probably end up addin a canister eventually, but the only thing i might add would be more bichirs. i just want to get it off the ground..... the acs will turn the tank over 10 times an hour.......just wiant to get some fish in it..........

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store