Top 3 dream pets?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I see dream fish alot on the forum, but what's everyone's general (top 3) dream pets?
No ties between favorites, pick 3 lol
and then what's keeping you from getting them?
For me it's
1. Whiteout oreo patternless fat tailed gecko ($800+$200 cage)
1599678386110.png
2. Golden shepherd (dog)
1599678448508.png
3. Golden british shorthair (cat)
1599678502206.png
Reasoning- money and space limitations
I should probably save up for the gecko now before I have to worry about moving out and paying for bills.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
1.Bullmation
EC952150-4901-4002-8003-35E8E486A087.jpeg
Reason I dont have one is that no one is breeding them and I’m waiting too move out of my parents house.
2. Albino alligator
CFCF7B08-F552-49F7-ADE7-EFBE25B9D0D8.jpeg
The reason I don’t have one is because I need a class 2 animal permit too keep them and too get
the permit I have too be at least 18 so I can apply.
3.Chickenasaurus
DB95A172-8596-4BE7-B66B-C997592C453F.jpeg
The reason I don’t have one is because they are still being worked on threw the chickenasaurus project.

I know you said 3 but here is a fourth one this one is not necessarily a pet but more like an animal I want too work with once I graduate I want too be the first person too breed this species in captivity too make sure it doesnt become extinct out in the wild. Its the one the only hourglass dolphin.
9AA82136-74D5-4BD1-94C2-E0506AED5C34.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Gila Monster,I came pretty close to purchasing one a few years ago and may actually get one someday.
Armadillo, I have always liked and thought that it might be cool to have one ambling around my property.
If I lived in an area that had the suitable climate I would definitely have one of the large tortoise species....Aldabra or Galapagos.I have the space now for one but not the proper year round climate.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
1. We have an F7 savannah cat. My dream would be to get an F1 (see pic), but they require an outside enclosure, can cost over £10000, and to be honest our F7 is a handful at times. So yeah, that's my dream, but it's doubtful it'll ever happen.

2. I've always fancied a talking bird. My grandad had a minah bird I think it was and it was quite talkative. It'd be great for comedy value, they can be hilarious. But i've never kept birds, know nothing about them so i'll leave it there.

3. A reptile of some sort, maybe a lizard, one of these really colourful ones, but again i've never owned any reptiles so, as with the bird, i'll probably leave it that way.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow,I was aware of the price range of the Savannah cats but I did not know about the outside enclosure requirement.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Wow,I was aware of the price range of the Savannah cats but I did not know about the outside enclosure requirement.
Even with some of the lower "F" numbers the breeders recommend outside enclosures, it's not just F1's. We were advised to get an outside enclosure for him to live in but they said it'd be fine for him to come in the house once in a while. Me and the wife thought, well he's only an F7, his bloodline is closer to a domestic bengal than a serval. So we choose to have him inside.

It's amazing how on occasion, even though that bloodline is watered down considerably, he can revert in an instant to his wild heritage. Lol, ask our dog! I've never seen a cat terrorise a dog as much as ours.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
If I'm remembering correctly F1 wild cat hybrids are still considered to be a wild cat so they must have an outdoor enclosure capable of containing them, even if they are going to be a mostly indoor pet.

Personally I would love to see what ya would get by mixing a F1 Savannah with a white long haired cat. I think it would be interesting to see how that pattern/color would turn out.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Even with some of the lower "F" numbers the breeders recommend outside enclosures, it's not just F1's. We were advised to get an outside enclosure for him to live in but they said it'd be fine for him to come in the house once in a while. Me and the wife thought, well he's only an F7, his bloodline is closer to a domestic bengal than a serval. So we choose to have him inside.

It's amazing how on occasion, even though that bloodline is watered down considerably, he can revert in an instant to his wild heritage. Lol, ask our dog! I've never seen a cat terrorise a dog as much as ours.
Lol you've never seen my cat then hahaha. He's just a black and white alley cat I got one day out of the trash cat when I got home from school. Had him for 15 years now and he still goes out of his way to attack dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: esoxlucius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store