Touchy Subject

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Hi all, please I beg you to take the time to read this. I don't know who else to turn to but random strangers in this random forum. Thank you in advance

I think my wife's cheating on me. Since she's gotten certified and started working this new job for the last year she's made some friends there that are not the usual type of people she would normally hang around with. So about 6 months into the job she starts going out for girls night out and things like that. Eventually it becomes a weekly thing and that's when i started noticing a change in her behavior. I used to just be able to look at her phone freely and with nothing to hide it wasn't an issue. Then she started to have a problem with me looking at her phone. She'd get a lot of texts that she'd read and delete, she'd get the texts at odd hours, waking me up in my sleep to her text notifications. She'd get out of bed and go into the bathroom and talk on the phone with someone. I'd be tempted to go eavesdrop but I want to respect her space, I want to respect her privacy even though it kills me. That's what a real man does right? Respect your partner's privacy and space. I started trying to stay up while she was out and watch her come home but I'd always fall asleep because I'd be home with the kids and I'm beat by the time homework is done, dinner and showers are all done and everyone's in bed. By the time I see her in the morning she would already be showered and her clothes are already in the laundry. She started dressing different, doing her hair differently,....it's as if she'd been a withering dull flower that has suddenly been getting watered regularly and has sprung back to a colorful vibrant life. I feel so neglected and now i feel like the poor flower whose colors are faded and whose leaves are limp and floppy. Maybe this is my fault, maybe i created this. Maybe she was once the receiver of my neglect. Could it be that the things I'm going through now are the results of my own doing? I admit I didn't always shower her with the love she deserves.....random acts of love from me may have prevented this. I can't bring myself to ask her because maybe I'm afraid of the truth. But living and breathing like I am these days is not living. If it wasn't for my kids I'd feel like a completely useless human life, taking up resources and air that another worthy person can make better use of.

So last night i decided enough is enough, after I get the kids all in bed, I make myself a strong solid cup of joe, I am determined to stay up and confront her as she's pulling into the garage. So by about 1 am I hear the car pulling up, i see the lights from the car shoot through the gaps around the garage door. I go and hide behind some boxes and one of my fish tanks. The garage opens up, she pulls in, I see her but she doesn't see me. I can see her buttoning up her top to cover her cleavage because she does have pretty big boobs. She steps out of the car and i see her pull out her panties from her purse and slip them on. That was the moment i noticed a small 2"-3" hairline crack on my fish tank at one of the corners. There is no signs of a leak, no water on the floor. Should I be concerned? What do you guys suggest I do about it because this can be a real mess if the tank should burst.

Any preventive maintenance suggestions on my fish tank would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: islandguy11

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
if you think they are cheating they are. if you think the crack in the tank is a problem it is.

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
The phone is the give away imo. Idk what to say except that I’m sorry.
That said, relationships have survived worse. It’s just a matter of being able to calmly address it and fix the problem. Counciling works great if the involved party’s an check their ego enough to give it an honest chance. Best wishes man.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Glad to see you around again, albeit under not so great circumstances. I would be concerned, but if the tank is in the garage I would just monitor for leaks. Hope all is well!

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Daaaang!!!! Look what the cat dragged in!!! What's happenin Sumo??? Idk, what the thread is about, you lost me at I beg you to take the time to read.. .. something.. lol.. Hope life's been treating you right.

Edit: Sumo, sorry man. I really did stop reading after the first line when I originally posted.

Last edited:

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hi all, please I beg you to take the time to read this. I don't know who else to turn to but random strangers in this random forum. Thank you in advance

I think my wife's cheating on me. Since she's gotten certified and started working this new job for the last year she's made some friends there that are not the usual type of people she would normally hang around with. So about 6 months into the job she starts going out for girls night out and things like that. Eventually it becomes a weekly thing and that's when i started noticing a change in her behavior. I used to just be able to look at her phone freely and with nothing to hide it wasn't an issue. Then she started to have a problem with me looking at her phone. She'd get a lot of texts that she'd read and delete, she'd get the texts at odd hours, waking me up in my sleep to her text notifications. She'd get out of bed and go into the bathroom and talk on the phone with someone. I'd be tempted to go eavesdrop but I want to respect her space, I want to respect her privacy even though it kills me. That's what a real man does right? Respect your partner's privacy and space. I started trying to stay up while she was out and watch her come home but I'd always fall asleep because I'd be home with the kids and I'm beat by the time homework is done, dinner and showers are all done and everyone's in bed. By the time I see her in the morning she would already be showered and her clothes are already in the laundry. She started dressing different, doing her hair differently,....it's as if she'd been a withering dull flower that has suddenly been getting watered regularly and has sprung back to a colorful vibrant life. I feel so neglected and now i feel like the poor flower whose colors are faded and whose leaves are limp and floppy. Maybe this is my fault, maybe i created this. Maybe she was once the receiver of my neglect. Could it be that the things I'm going through now are the results of my own doing? I admit I didn't always shower her with the love she deserves.....random acts of love from me may have prevented this. I can't bring myself to ask her because maybe I'm afraid of the truth. But living and breathing like I am these days is not living. If it wasn't for my kids I'd feel like a completely useless human life, taking up resources and air that another worthy person can make better use of.

So last night i decided enough is enough, after I get the kids all in bed, I make myself a strong solid cup of joe, I am determined to stay up and confront her as she's pulling into the garage. So by about 1 am I hear the car pulling up, i see the lights from the car shoot through the gaps around the garage door. I go and hide behind some boxes and one of my fish tanks. The garage opens up, she pulls in, I see her but she doesn't see me. I can see her buttoning up her top to cover her cleavage because she does have pretty big boobs. She steps out of the car and i see her pull out her panties from her purse and slip them on. That was the moment i noticed a small 2"-3" hairline crack on my fish tank at one of the corners. There is no signs of a leak, no water on the floor. Should I be concerned? What do you guys suggest I do about it because this can be a real mess if the tank should burst.

Any preventive maintenance suggestions on my fish tank would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Here's this random stranger's advice. If the first story is true, you have to confront her. The second story, if it's at a corner reseal it. If it's on a flat part. Add a 'patch' a piece of glass too it. Ugly...but it seems to work.

Reactions: Matteus and neko1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So,it took suspicions of infidelity to bring you back here?.....and I'm calling bullspit on the tank as I thought you stopped keeping stuff long ago.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store